Thursday, October 10, 2013

PPA Merited Images | Henderson Nature Photographer

In June, I submitted four photographs to the PPA 2013 International Photo Competition. Being a second year member, the entrance fees were waived this year, so I figured I had absolutely nothing to lose...so why the heck not! Later in the summer, I was informed that two of my photographs were chosen to be a part of the PPA General Collection and each received a merit. I was incredibly blown away and honored that two of my photos were chosen! These are the first merits I have earned from PPA and I hope to continue on a path of earning enough merits to receive my Master Photographer title someday down the line.


"Backyard Visitor"
 I shot this photograph in the backyard of our first house here in Henderson. One Summer day, this dragonfly came around and decided to just hang out for awhile. I grabbed my camera and snapped several photos and got pretty darn close and it didn't fly away. It was almost like it was posing for me!
This was my favorite shot from my photo shoot with a dragonfly.


"Snow Squirrel"
This photograph was shot on a family trip to Big Bear a few years ago. It is one of our favorite places to visit, although we don't get up there nearly as often as we'd like. It is just so beautiful and peaceful. We love to buy peanuts for the birds and squirrels and watch as they come and find them. I caught this little guy peeking around the tree at us!


I am a huge nature lover, and capturing nature of all kinds definitely puts me in my happy place!


Thanks for stopping by!

~Holly :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment