Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Adventures of Skelly | Day One | Henderson Photographer

I <3 Halloween! 

Like, seriously, looooooooove Halloween! I have loved it for as long as I can remember.
I think I have only missed dressing up a couple times in my 43 years. :-)
Thankfully, I married a man who loves it as much as I do, or we'd be in trouble!
Before leaving all our friends behind in California (sad face!), we used to throw a party every year. We went ALL OUT on the decorating. The house was decorated inside and out. Even the garage! We would come up with a different theme every year. It was so much fun! We lived in an area that got lots of trick-or-treaters, which made it that much more fun. It was awesome to see everyone's reactions. The kids loved to see how they glowed in the blacklights! 

Fast forward to our first house in Nevada. Great neighbors...but small neighborhood separated by a wash from the rest of the housing development, backed up to a very busy street and not many kids in our neighborhood to boot. No front porch to decorate. Halloween just wasn't the same anymore. Boxes and boxes of Halloween decorations going to waste. :-(

Last year was our first Halloween with a porch (small as it may be) and an awesome neighborhood with lots of kids so we went all out again! Everyone loved it and I can't wait to do it again this year. And also make some of the Halloween recipes I've been pinning! Yum!

Last Christmas, I enjoyed seeing all my Instagram friends photos of their Elf on the Shelf and the crazy things that each of their elves got themselves into...so I thought that I would do my own Halloween version this year. I am calling it "The Adventures of Skelly" and I will be taking and posting a photo of Skelly every day for the month of October. The creative juices are flowing and I plan on having lots of fun with this little project! I hope you'll follow along and that you enjoy!

Day One...Climbing out of the box and ready to get this party started!


Thanks for stopping by!

~Holly :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment