Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{Black} | Henderson Photographer

I am very excited to have joined a blog circle! 
This is my first post with the group.
We are given a theme each week and shoot photos based on the theme.
(Or at least that is what I will be doing.)
I look forward to pushing myself creatively as well as practicing my photographic skills.
I can't wait to see what the other talented photographers in this group share each week as well!
I'm sure it will be inspiring!

This week the theme is {black}.

Black is one of my favorite colors.
Halloween is my favorite holiday.
I decided to work on some product photography skills and shot a bunch of black Halloween objects on a white background in natural window light.
These photos have been edited slightly for exposure and white balance and some cropping, but no photoshopping occurred so please excuse any lint or kitty hair!

This first one was shot on my table, where I have shot other products (for my Etsy site) in the past. I love my table but the background isn't pure or solid white.

I then decided to put a poster board in one of the chairs and like the look of these next shots so much better!
But, there's definitely room for improvement in getting my white balance correct. The one above is definitely on the cool side, now that I see it here with a white background. Eek!

 The flowers could have used a slight crop on the left edge.


 Aye, maiteys! Next time I think I'll use a gray card!


 Da da da da da da da da....BATMAN! 
(I can't say I or anyone else has worn these yet...but for $1.00 or so after Halloween, I couldn't resist them!

 I made this guy (and a few friends) this year with craft supplies I've had hanging around for years!


 I tried different angles and posing with the snakes and liked this one the best.


 Which angle do you like better with these centipedes?
 I think I like them both.


 I have a PEZ collection. Here are two that fit the black theme.


 Which angle is more appealing on these cat eye glasses?
 Another super cheap after Halloween find. I love them! And after I took this photo and set them aside, I stepped on them. :-(


 My fabulous Target dollar aisle find! 
It was outside and almost blew away in the crazy wind we had here on Monday!


 I made this little guy last year. He has a ghost friend.


 And a few more creepy items to balance out the cute...


Happy day before Halloween!!

Click on the links below to check out more {black} themed photos!


Priscilla Davis Studio
www.priscilladavisstudio.com

Kristy G. Photography
www.kristygphotography.com/blog

Brooke Hazel
Dream Baby Photography
www.dreambabyphotography.com/blog


Jennifer Marie Photographer
Moments For Lyfe Photography
http://momentsforlyfe.wordpress.com

Thanks for stopping by!

~Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment